Convenience Store Manager – Northern Canada
Northern and NorthMart is looking for full time Convenience Store Managers to join us to work in stores across northern Canada.
What it takes to be a Convenience Store Manager with us
Our Convenience Store Managers are naturally curious people, who are willing to adapt and expect the unexpected. They are self-motivated, resilient, a hands on leader, enterprising and results driven. All this combined with the ability to inspire their team, while developing a deep respect for the community that they serve.
What you can look forward to:
- Driving profitable sales for the store
- Accountability for the full operations management of the store
- Leading a team of store associates
- Prioritizing and tasking work duties
- Planning, organizing and managing store inventory
- Building community partnerships
What you will discover
Our stores are located in distant areas of northern Canada. This job is not for everyone, but those looking for a change, are curious and ready for a challenge, will strive. Long days are not uncommon and complex, challenging situations do arise. Our Store Managers need to be flexible, have strong organization skills; and be sales and goal-orientated. Those who think beyond the physical store and have a community retailer mindset - who like to plan to lead a team, commit to building relationships and taking initiative - will quickly make an impact.
What you’ll receive in return
We trust our Store Managers to take full accountability for their business to drive profitable sales for the store. We rely on their best advice to continue to support their local community effectively. In return, we enable our Store Managers to share in the profitable growth of the store, which translates into meaningful financial compensation. We also offer a comprehensive salary and benefits, combined with development and career opportunities to help our managers to learn and grow.
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Subsidized food and housing programs
- Career growth opportunities
- Excellent training program
- Opportunity to explore northern Canada
What you’ll need to begin your career with us
We’re looking for a Convenience Store Manager with a healthy sense of adventure, who is pragmatic and comes to us with a strong work ethic, combined with the willingness to learn new skills.
You will also bring:
- Minimum of two years of experience in a managerial capacity, ideally in a high-volume grocery/retail environment
- Experience in retail distribution, budget planning, merchandise displays, inventory control, cost control, and revenue generation
- Expertise in developing community relations by working with store associates and community partners respectfully, knowledgeably and effectively
- Capability to role model, coach and reinforce operational expectations; combined with the ability to exemplify empathy and compassion in leading a team
- Proficiency in ensuring efficient operation of a business to achieve all financial targets and deliver on budgeted KPI’s
- Understanding in how to deliver successful execution of retail commercial programs, together with providing best advice for continuous improvement
- Ability to adapt to stressful situations and different cultures and surroundings
Candidates must be willing to relocate to multiple markets in the northernmost regions of Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Saskatchewan, Quebec, Nunavut, and Northwest Territories. Relocation arrangements will be made and paid for by Northern and NorthMart.
For the safety of our northern communities, relocated employees will be subject to mandatory 14-day isolation period.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Northern and NorthMart is part of The North West group of companies. We are proud to serve and support communities in Northern Canada. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food, and our goal is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs.