Associate - 6 month contract
A job unlike any other.
The North West Company currently has exciting opportunities for full-time employment in retail stores across the North. This is an exciting opportunity to build a stable and meaningful career as part of an organization that rewards hard work and passion. Join us in making a difference in unique communities all across the North.
Retail Work with NWC
The North West Company offers competitive earnings and rewarding experiences. As a store employee, you will fulfill multiple terms in different locations based on what is needed.
- $17.00 per hour
- Potential for overtime
- Allowances for both food and shared accommodation
As a store employee, you will have the opportunity to visit and serve a variety of different locations and communities. Your passion, work ethic, and positive attitude will make you an asset.
- The opportunity to work in and experience remote communities across Northern Canada
- Compensation for community relocations
- Potential opportunity to work in multiple communities during your term
Each member of our retail team plays an important role in our stores and in the communities they serve. You will be asked to take care of a variety of tasks throughout the store.
- Receiving product and stocking shelves
- Operating cash lanes
- Organizing and creating eye-catching displays
- Executing planograms
- Serving customers and community residents
Skills and Qualifications
We are looking for professional, organized workers who have a healthy sense of adventure and are looking to make a real difference.
- The ability to quickly adapt to new communities and situations
- Exceptional customer service skills in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A commitment to building relationships with people from all walks of life
- Physically capable of lifting heavy objects unaided for extended periods of time
- Proven organizational, planning, and prioritizing skills
- A motivated and adventurous personality
- You have a strong commitment to The North West Company’s vision, mission, values, and strategies
We’d love to hear from all workers who are motivated to thrive professionally and personally while making a difference in multiple communities across the North. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CANDIDATES MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO MULTIPLE MARKETS IN THE NORTHERNMOST REGIONS OF ALBERTA, MANITOBA, ONTARIO, SASKATCHEWAN, QUEBEC, NUNAVUT, AND NORTHWEST TERRITORIES. RELOCATION ARRANGEMENTS WILL BE MADE AND PAID FOR BY THE NORTH WEST COMPANY.
The North West Company is proud to serve and support communities in Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food, and our goal is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs.