Looking for a new adventure? We are hiring trained security guards for our NorthMart store in Iqaluit, NU.
- Competitive wages
- Housing and food allowance
- Other competitive benefits
- Relocation to northern Canada required
Security Guard Responsibilities:
- Patrolling the building perimeter and premises
- Noting the entry and exit of employees, visitors, and other individuals
- Monitoring our video surveillance system and reviewing footage if necessary
- Responding to alarms and calls of security concern
- Keeping daily logs of activities and any issues addressed
- Answering phones and responding to other inquiries at the security desk
- Alerting authorities if needed for emergencies or security breaches
- Addressing any infractions of building rules and/or forwarding them to the appropriate level of management
- Inspecting, testing, and maintaining security systems, as well as calling for maintenance as needed.
Security Guard Qualifications:
- Completed High School Diploma or GED program*
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must be able to work a variable shift schedule
Security Guard Core Skills:
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Friendly personality
- Attention to detail
- Time management skills
Communities & Working Conditions:
Our stores, branded Northern and NorthMart, are located in rural, semi-remote, and remote communities across Canada’s north. Communities vary in population from villages to major urban centers.
With competitive industry wages, plus vacation and heavily subsidized living and food allowances, the NWC total rewards package gives you a chance to get ahead.
We host regular Information Sessions. To find out more, visit us at www.northerncareers.caMust be legally eligible to work in Canada.